- We are looking for a Design Engineer to work on the design of renewable energy systems
- You will be responsible for the technical design of the systems we install
- You will work as a part of a team with other Technical Designers, a Project Manager and a Sales Consultant to create a cost-effective detailed technical design to meet the specification
- When the design is agreed you will transfer it to the engineering team that will install the system and provide technical support through the lifetime of the project
- You will provide technical advice to members of the sales and maintenance teams
- You will be someone who always is looking to improve efficiency and reliability by, for example, looking to develop standard, reusable design patterns.
- You will continually keep up to date with relevant technologies in order to provide advice to the company on technology choices.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level in a scientific or technical subject such as General Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- Knowledge of CAD tools.
- Preferably you will have post-graduation work experience in a relevant area.
- Good organisational skills and the discipline to be thorough and structured about design with an attention to detail and quality.
- Self-starting, able to manage your own workload effectively, and able to work well with others in a small team.
- Inquisitive and interested in renewable energy systems with a desire to learn and understand the technologies and systems.
- Salary will depend on the experience the successful candidate offers.
ISO energy is one of the UK's most experienced consultants and installers of renewable heating systems. We design, supply, install and maintain systems that harvest energy from natural resources and convert it for use in homes, schools, offices and hotels. This is a growing industry in the UK and ISO energy is one of the market leaders.